TN to establish Rs 1200 crore MDCB plant
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government Tuesday announced the establishment of a Rs 1200 crore Multilayer Double Coated Board producing plant near Tiruchirapalli as part of its plans to expand the activities of the profit-making state owned Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Limited (TNPL).
Making a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said that the work on the two lakh metric tonne capacity new plant coming up on a 989 acre land in Kulithalai-Manapparai near Srirangam in Tiruchirapalli district would commence this year and was expected to be completed by 2016.
TNPL, established in 1984 has been a profitable entity and won many awards and also had distinction of being the first ever paper company to run a cement manufacturing unit, Jayalalithaa said.
"It would create direct and indirect jobs to over 2000 people," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1
- India's NSG membership is not about arms, US tells Pakistan