TN to establish Rs 1200 crore MDCB plant
Chennai: The Tamil Nadu government Tuesday announced the establishment of a Rs 1200 crore Multilayer Double Coated Board producing plant near Tiruchirapalli as part of its plans to expand the activities of the profit-making state owned Tamil Nadu Newsprint and Papers Limited (TNPL).
Making a suo motu statement in the Assembly, Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa said that the work on the two lakh metric tonne capacity new plant coming up on a 989 acre land in Kulithalai-Manapparai near Srirangam in Tiruchirapalli district would commence this year and was expected to be completed by 2016.
TNPL, established in 1984 has been a profitable entity and won many awards and also had distinction of being the first ever paper company to run a cement manufacturing unit, Jayalalithaa said.
"It would create direct and indirect jobs to over 2000 people," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police