TN to have 30 more coastal police stations
Chennai: In a bid to strengthen coastal security, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has sanctioned Rs 29.50 crore towards developing infrastructure and to purchase modern equipment for the state police force.
Of the total allocation, Rs 21.36 crore has been earmarked towards opening 30 coastal police stations and for purchasing 30 four-wheelers and 60 two-wheelers and equipment.
There are presently 12 coastal police stations functioning along the 1.076 km coastline of Tamil Nadu, an official release said.
A sum of Rs 1.68 crore has been allocated for installing `repeater` stations at Tiruvadanai and Kamudhi in Ramanathapuram district. The existing station at Arangkanal was not being able to cover the entire district for communication, it said.
Jayalalithaa also sanctioned Rs 1.34 crore for constructing an additional building measuring 6,662 sq ft for police hospital, presently functioning in a land belonging to the Archaeological Survey of India at Vellore. It would benefit over 3,000 police personnel, who are serving in Vellore district.
The break-up of the total allocation would be -- Rs 4.93 crore for communication equipment, Rs 18.78 crore for vehicles, Rs 3.84 crore for other equipment and Rs 1.95 crore for arms and ammunition, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers