TN to have a state Stamp Act
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa on Tuesday announced a state Stamp Act would be enacted to avoid delay in effecting changes in stamp duty under the Central law.
At present, a central act is being followed as regards Stamp Duty and any changes that the government proposed had to be sent for Presidential approval, she told the state assembly.
"To prevent delay, a Stamp Duty Act will be passed" on the lines of states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala and Gujarat, she said.
Jayalalithaa also announced allocation of over Rs 39 crore towards plantation of teak saplings with a view to meeting the demand of teakwood and generate revenue for the government.
With felling of teak trees in sanctuaries and certain other notified areas banned, the government had taken up teak plantation drive on the Cauvery river-bed in 2003-04 over a span of 16,050 hectares at a cost of Rs 21.39 crore, she said.
"Following the success of this scheme and keeping in mind the demand besides generating revenue for the government, teak (saplings) will be planted over 19,075 hectares and Rs 39.49 crore will be allocated for this purpose," she said.
She proposed to allocate Rs 3.60 crore for maintenance of existing trees.
Further, she announced establishing a Zoological Park under the Forest department at the famous Udayagiri Fort in Kanyakumari district, at a cost of Rs 15 crore. The park will come up over 22.5 acres of land, she added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan