TN to open canteens for police on par with CSDs
Chennai: Placing the state police on similar
lines with that of military personnel, Tamil Nadu Chief
Minister Jayalalithaa on Saturday announced setting up of canteens
to sell goods to police personnel at subsidised rates.
"Military personnel defend the country from foreign
enemies, while the police guard the country and people from
anti-social elements. Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has ordered
to open canteens for police personnel, like canteens for
military personnel," an official release said.
These canteens will function similar to the CSDs (Canteen
Store Department) available for the armed forces personnel,
and will sell goods without applying Value Added Tax (VAT).
These canteens will initially be opened in three places -
Tamil Nadu Special Police Regimental Centre at Avadi, Tamil
Nadu Special Police I Battalion in Tiruchirapalli and Tamil
Nadu Special Police VI Battalion in Madurai at a cost of Rs 1
crore, it said.
Police personnel, retired police personnel and their
families and families of deceased policemen will benefit from
these canteens, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why