TN traders threat to stage rail roko on Dec 4, 5 on FDI
Chennai: Seeking to step up pressure on the Centre over its decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, traders in Tamil Nadu on Saturday threatened to stage a rail-roko agitation on December four and five when the issue will be discussed in Parliament.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting organised by the Confederation of All India Traders here.
CAIT National Vice-President A M Vikkramaraja said Dec 4 and 5 would be observed as "foreign direct investment protest days as the decision will largely affect traders families".
He said traders wearing black shirts and badges would conduct several agitations and rallies across the state and also stage a rail-roko as part of their protest.
He said they would also lay siege to the residences of parliamentarians in Tamil Nadu who have extended support to the UPA Government`s decision.
"Even if a resolution was passed in Parliament on the decision, the traders will further intensify their agitation. Traders will not accept foreign investments at any cost", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah