TN traders threat to stage rail roko on Dec 4, 5 on FDI
Chennai: Seeking to step up pressure on the Centre over its decision to allow FDI in multi-brand retail, traders in Tamil Nadu on Saturday threatened to stage a rail-roko agitation on December four and five when the issue will be discussed in Parliament.
A decision to this effect was taken at a meeting organised by the Confederation of All India Traders here.
CAIT National Vice-President A M Vikkramaraja said Dec 4 and 5 would be observed as "foreign direct investment protest days as the decision will largely affect traders families".
He said traders wearing black shirts and badges would conduct several agitations and rallies across the state and also stage a rail-roko as part of their protest.
He said they would also lay siege to the residences of parliamentarians in Tamil Nadu who have extended support to the UPA Government`s decision.
"Even if a resolution was passed in Parliament on the decision, the traders will further intensify their agitation. Traders will not accept foreign investments at any cost", he said.
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi
- Subramanian Swamy speaks about AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi- Part II
- ED summons former Air Chief Marshal S.P. Tyagi
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Netaji files declassification: Morarji had declined to accept inquiry commissions report
- OMG! 25,000 women died due to dowry in last two years, says govt
- India's investments into UK more than doubled in 2015
- Motorola expected to launch Moto G (4th Gen) handset on May 17
- Ex-servicemen suspend OROP protest, threaten to intensify agitation if demands not met