TN train mishap: Probe to commence Friday
Chennai: Probe into the train accident near
Arakkonam on Tuesday night will commence here Friday with
officials scheduled to question the driver of the MEMU train
which rammed into a stationary passenger train, killing 10
The Commissioner Railway Safety will conduct the full
enquiry, Chennai Divisional Railway Manager S Anantharaman
told reporters here.
"If the health condition of the driver (A Rajkumar) permits,
he will be questioned. Otherwise, based on doctors` advice, we
will take action," he said.
Rajkumar`s questioning assumes significance in the wake of
Railway authorities saying the driver of the Mainline
Electrical Multiple Unit (MEMU) train had jumped a few signals
and ignored speed restrictions.
Meanwhile, the Government General Hospital where Rajkumar
had been admitted is closely guarded and out of bounds for
visitors and the media.
The CRS, Southern zone, SK Mittal will conduct an inquiry
into the cause of the accident and submit a report in two or
three days to the government through the Railway Board, Senior
Divisional Safety Officer J Christopher Prabhakar told agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony