TN train mishap: Probe to commence Friday
Chennai: Probe into the train accident near
Arakkonam on Tuesday night will commence here Friday with
officials scheduled to question the driver of the MEMU train
which rammed into a stationary passenger train, killing 10
The Commissioner Railway Safety will conduct the full
enquiry, Chennai Divisional Railway Manager S Anantharaman
told reporters here.
"If the health condition of the driver (A Rajkumar) permits,
he will be questioned. Otherwise, based on doctors` advice, we
will take action," he said.
Rajkumar`s questioning assumes significance in the wake of
Railway authorities saying the driver of the Mainline
Electrical Multiple Unit (MEMU) train had jumped a few signals
and ignored speed restrictions.
Meanwhile, the Government General Hospital where Rajkumar
had been admitted is closely guarded and out of bounds for
visitors and the media.
The CRS, Southern zone, SK Mittal will conduct an inquiry
into the cause of the accident and submit a report in two or
three days to the government through the Railway Board, Senior
Divisional Safety Officer J Christopher Prabhakar told agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened