TN train mishap: Probe to commence Friday
Chennai: Probe into the train accident near
Arakkonam on Tuesday night will commence here Friday with
officials scheduled to question the driver of the MEMU train
which rammed into a stationary passenger train, killing 10
The Commissioner Railway Safety will conduct the full
enquiry, Chennai Divisional Railway Manager S Anantharaman
told reporters here.
"If the health condition of the driver (A Rajkumar) permits,
he will be questioned. Otherwise, based on doctors` advice, we
will take action," he said.
Rajkumar`s questioning assumes significance in the wake of
Railway authorities saying the driver of the Mainline
Electrical Multiple Unit (MEMU) train had jumped a few signals
and ignored speed restrictions.
Meanwhile, the Government General Hospital where Rajkumar
had been admitted is closely guarded and out of bounds for
visitors and the media.
The CRS, Southern zone, SK Mittal will conduct an inquiry
into the cause of the accident and submit a report in two or
three days to the government through the Railway Board, Senior
Divisional Safety Officer J Christopher Prabhakar told agency.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged