TN: Two die in building collapse
Chennai: Two people were killed and three injured when a dilapidated 51-year-old two-storeyed building collapsed in the congested Triplicane area here Wednesday, police said.
"Two people are dead and three others were rescued in the building collapse. Rescue operations are over," Bhola Nath, director general of police and director, Fire and Rescue Services told a news agency.
A narrow approach road hampered rescue operations.
According to locals, some tenants had moved out of the building fearing it would collapse as the owner did not bother to carry out repairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray