TN: Two die in building collapse
Chennai: Two people were killed and three injured when a dilapidated 51-year-old two-storeyed building collapsed in the congested Triplicane area here Wednesday, police said.
"Two people are dead and three others were rescued in the building collapse. Rescue operations are over," Bhola Nath, director general of police and director, Fire and Rescue Services told a news agency.
A narrow approach road hampered rescue operations.
According to locals, some tenants had moved out of the building fearing it would collapse as the owner did not bother to carry out repairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa