TN: Two die in building collapse
Chennai: Two people were killed and three injured when a dilapidated 51-year-old two-storeyed building collapsed in the congested Triplicane area here Wednesday, police said.
"Two people are dead and three others were rescued in the building collapse. Rescue operations are over," Bhola Nath, director general of police and director, Fire and Rescue Services told a news agency.
A narrow approach road hampered rescue operations.
According to locals, some tenants had moved out of the building fearing it would collapse as the owner did not bother to carry out repairs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj