TN: Two teenaged-sisters raped for six-months; 2 held
Salem: Two teenaged sisters, reportedly abandoned by their parents, were allegedly raped over a six-month period by two men at their house where they were working as maids, police said on Monday.
The siblings, aged 16 and 13, were with their grand-mother who died six months ago and since then they were working as servants at the house of one 59-year-old Nagasamy, they said.
Nagasamy and his relative Chandran (40) allegedly raped them, police said, adding that the girls escaped from their clutches and were found by a service organisation wandering at the bus-stand here.
The matter came to light after the organisation`s volunteers questioned them.
A case under IPC section 376 (rape) and Women`s Harassment Act was registered and the two men were arrested today, police said.
The girls were handed over to the `Childline` service organisation.
On December 22, a 13-year-old girl was found murdered at Syedunganallur, about 30 km from Tuticorin. Injury marks on the body of class VII student gave rise to suspicion of rape and a 35-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves