TN: Water level in Peiyar, Vaigai dam rises
Madurai: Good inflows into the Periyar and Vaigai dams in the district following rains has increasd the water level, officials said.
The water level in the Periyar dam this morning stood at 123.00 feet against its full level of 136 feet with an inflow of 2,631 cusecs and discharge of 1250 cusecs. The vaigai dam level was 46 feet against its full level of of 71 feet.
The inflow was 2,314 cusecs and discharge 60 cusecs.
Following is the amount of rainfall recorded in various places today morning at 0600 hrs (in mm).
Periyar 9 mm, Tekkadi 16.6 mm, Gudalur 8.5 mm, Shanmuganadi 68 mm, Uthaamapalayam 27 mm, Veerapandi 12 mm, Vaigai dam 33 mm, Manjalar dam 6 mm, Marudanath 12 mm, Sothuparai 20 mm, Peranai 6 mm, Andipatti 6 mm, Madurai 6 mm, Sathiyar Dam 11 mm, Kallandhri 26 mm, Pulipatti 19 mm, Melur 19 mm, Thaniyamangalam 30.5 mm, Viraganur 16 mm and kodaikannal 27.4 mm.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read