TN: Water level in Peiyar, Vaigai dam rises
Madurai: Good inflows into the Periyar and Vaigai dams in the district following rains has increasd the water level, officials said.
The water level in the Periyar dam this morning stood at 123.00 feet against its full level of 136 feet with an inflow of 2,631 cusecs and discharge of 1250 cusecs. The vaigai dam level was 46 feet against its full level of of 71 feet.
The inflow was 2,314 cusecs and discharge 60 cusecs.
Following is the amount of rainfall recorded in various places today morning at 0600 hrs (in mm).
Periyar 9 mm, Tekkadi 16.6 mm, Gudalur 8.5 mm, Shanmuganadi 68 mm, Uthaamapalayam 27 mm, Veerapandi 12 mm, Vaigai dam 33 mm, Manjalar dam 6 mm, Marudanath 12 mm, Sothuparai 20 mm, Peranai 6 mm, Andipatti 6 mm, Madurai 6 mm, Sathiyar Dam 11 mm, Kallandhri 26 mm, Pulipatti 19 mm, Melur 19 mm, Thaniyamangalam 30.5 mm, Viraganur 16 mm and kodaikannal 27.4 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out