TN: Water level in Peiyar, Vaigai dam rises
Madurai: Good inflows into the Periyar and Vaigai dams in the district following rains has increasd the water level, officials said.
The water level in the Periyar dam this morning stood at 123.00 feet against its full level of 136 feet with an inflow of 2,631 cusecs and discharge of 1250 cusecs. The vaigai dam level was 46 feet against its full level of of 71 feet.
The inflow was 2,314 cusecs and discharge 60 cusecs.
Following is the amount of rainfall recorded in various places today morning at 0600 hrs (in mm).
Periyar 9 mm, Tekkadi 16.6 mm, Gudalur 8.5 mm, Shanmuganadi 68 mm, Uthaamapalayam 27 mm, Veerapandi 12 mm, Vaigai dam 33 mm, Manjalar dam 6 mm, Marudanath 12 mm, Sothuparai 20 mm, Peranai 6 mm, Andipatti 6 mm, Madurai 6 mm, Sathiyar Dam 11 mm, Kallandhri 26 mm, Pulipatti 19 mm, Melur 19 mm, Thaniyamangalam 30.5 mm, Viraganur 16 mm and kodaikannal 27.4 mm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!