TN: Woman, paramour arrested for branding her 8-yr-old son
Namakkal (TN): A woman and her paramour have been arrested for allegedly branding her elder eight-year-old son with a hot iron rod at nearby Rasipuram.
The 26-year-old woman, who also has a six-year-old son, had left her husband some time back due to a misunderstanding and come to Rasipuram, where she reportedly developed a relationship with an autorickshaw driver, police said.
The incident came to light when the boy`s school teacher on noticing burn marks all over his body questioned him yesterday.
She then took him to a hospital and later to a police station, where he again narrated what had happened.
Both the woman and her 29-year-old paramour were arrested and produced before a magistrate last night, who remanded them to 15 days judicial custody, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack