TNCC chief Thangkabalu held
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Congress Committee chief
K V Thangkabalu was arrested here on Monday for holding agitations
against the alleged killing of Tamil fishermen by the Sri
The senior Congress leader was staging a protest along
with hundreds of party workers near Nageshwara Rao park in
Mylapore when he was arrested.
Four Tamil fishermen from Thangachimadam in Nagapattinam
district had gone missing on April 2. Their bodies were found
recently allegedly with bruises.
Local fishermen have alleged that their four colleagues
had been tortured to death by Sri Lankan naval personnel and
the bodies dumped one by one into the sea.
Fishermen in Rameswaram had yesterday demanded setting up
of an enquiry commission to probe the death and alleged
torture of these four fishermen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS