Toddler dies as home remedy turns toxic
Tirunelveli: A two-year-old girl baby suffering from diarrhoea died on Thursday after her mother gave her an overdose of some home-made mixture allegedly suggested by a local Siddha doctor, police said.
The woman had taken the child to the Siddha practitioner and as suggested by him had given the mixture of honey, medicated camphor and powdered pepper to stop diarrhoea.
However, as the girl`s condition worsened, she was rushed to the Government Hospital at Palayamkottai here.
The doctor, who checked the baby, said the mixture had turned into a toxic, and gave her treatment. But she did not respond to the treatment and died.
Doctors said the mother had given over dosage of the mixture.
Police registered a case and investigating the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know