Toddler dies as home remedy turns toxic
Tirunelveli: A two-year-old girl baby suffering from diarrhoea died on Thursday after her mother gave her an overdose of some home-made mixture allegedly suggested by a local Siddha doctor, police said.
The woman had taken the child to the Siddha practitioner and as suggested by him had given the mixture of honey, medicated camphor and powdered pepper to stop diarrhoea.
However, as the girl`s condition worsened, she was rushed to the Government Hospital at Palayamkottai here.
The doctor, who checked the baby, said the mixture had turned into a toxic, and gave her treatment. But she did not respond to the treatment and died.
Doctors said the mother had given over dosage of the mixture.
Police registered a case and investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Read this to know where Barack Obama will stay after retirement!
- Virat Kohli plays straight without compromising technique: Sachin Tendulkar
- PMO monitoring social media activity of ministers, tutoring them to efficiently use Twitter, Facebook: Report
- Kaka called up for Brazil's Centenary Copa America squad
- I see every day as a new day: Virat Kohli on his dream run