Toddler dies as home remedy turns toxic
Tirunelveli: A two-year-old girl baby suffering from diarrhoea died on Thursday after her mother gave her an overdose of some home-made mixture allegedly suggested by a local Siddha doctor, police said.
The woman had taken the child to the Siddha practitioner and as suggested by him had given the mixture of honey, medicated camphor and powdered pepper to stop diarrhoea.
However, as the girl`s condition worsened, she was rushed to the Government Hospital at Palayamkottai here.
The doctor, who checked the baby, said the mixture had turned into a toxic, and gave her treatment. But she did not respond to the treatment and died.
Doctors said the mother had given over dosage of the mixture.
Police registered a case and investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!