Toddler dies as home remedy turns toxic
Tirunelveli: A two-year-old girl baby suffering from diarrhoea died on Thursday after her mother gave her an overdose of some home-made mixture allegedly suggested by a local Siddha doctor, police said.
The woman had taken the child to the Siddha practitioner and as suggested by him had given the mixture of honey, medicated camphor and powdered pepper to stop diarrhoea.
However, as the girl`s condition worsened, she was rushed to the Government Hospital at Palayamkottai here.
The doctor, who checked the baby, said the mixture had turned into a toxic, and gave her treatment. But she did not respond to the treatment and died.
Doctors said the mother had given over dosage of the mixture.
Police registered a case and investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users