Token system introduced at railway station
Madurai: A passenger-friendly token system was introduced on Tuesday in place of queues at the Passenger Reservation System (PRS) centre at the railway junction here. AK Rastogi, Divisional Railway Manager, issued the first token to the passenger.
Under the system, a passenger can obtain a token from the token dispensing machine at the PRS centre.The token number is displayed on the computer screen for the passenger to go to the counter, saving him time, he said, adding fresh tokens have to be obtained if the passenger does not turn up at the time of calling.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer