Toll in cracker godown fire mishap rises to 9
Salem: With one more person succumbing to injuries, the death toll in Tuesday`s fire mishap at a fireworks unit godown near here rose to nine, police said on Friday.
Satish (19), who was undergoing treatment at a government hospital, succumbed to injuries last night. Four more persons were still undergoing treatment in the hospital, they said.
The victims were involved in making fireworks when the mishap occurred at the unit at Parakallur, 42 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre