Toll in cracker godown fire mishap rises to 9
Salem: With one more person succumbing to injuries, the death toll in Tuesday`s fire mishap at a fireworks unit godown near here rose to nine, police said on Friday.
Satish (19), who was undergoing treatment at a government hospital, succumbed to injuries last night. Four more persons were still undergoing treatment in the hospital, they said.
The victims were involved in making fireworks when the mishap occurred at the unit at Parakallur, 42 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan