Top police officials transferred in TN
Chennai: Continuing with the shake-up of
state police force, the Tamil Nadu Government Friday shunted several IPS officers including those from its investigating wing, CB-CID and `Q` Branch, which deals with extremist
Archana Ramasundaram, ADGP, CB-CID, has been
transferred and posted as ADGP, Training, Chennai, replacing R Sekar, Home Secretary Rameshram Mishra said in a release here.
Sekar, who was Chennai City Commissioner when a clash
broke out between two groups at the Dr Ambedkar Government Law
College here in 2008, will replace Ramasundaram as CB-CID
`Q` Branch SP M Ashok Kumar is the new Deputy
Commissioner for T Nagar in Chennai, the release added.
Among others, Salem Police Commissioner Sunil Kumar
Singh has been transferred and posted as Inspector General of
Police, Economic Offences Wing (CCIW-CID and Idol Wing),
He will be replaced by K Sokkalingam, IGP, State Crime
Records Bureau, Chennai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Graeme Cremer named Zimbabwe's Test captain for Test series against New Zealand
- Divide and rule by Beijing throw ASEAN into disarray
- Una incident: Gujarat Chief Secretary says accused made video for 'fun'
- Last day of Mi 2nd Anniversary Carnival: Grab Xiaomi Mi Max at only Re 1
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann defends posting video on Facebook, says has done nothing to risk Parliament security