Top Tamil Nadu cop suspended after raids
Chennai: Tamil Nadu`s Additional Director General of Police MS Jaffer Sait, intelligence chief during the DMK regime, has been suspended following raids by the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) on his premises, an official said on Tuesday.
Sait was suspended on Monday, he added.
The DVAC, the state`s anti-corruption wing, had on July 26 raided Sait`s residence on receipt of a written complaint by the Tamil Nadu Housing Board (TNHB).
The complaint alleged that Sait entered into a criminal conspiracy with others and got land allotted from TNHB suppressing certain details. The DVAC registered a case under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Sait entered into an agreement with a private construction company and further defrauded the TNHB, the complaint said.
Sait was shifted by the J Jayalalithaa led AIADMK government as Special Officer to Mandapam Refugee Camp near Rameswaram, around 600 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand