Top Tamil Nadu cop suspended after raids
Chennai: Tamil Nadu`s Additional Director General of Police MS Jaffer Sait, intelligence chief during the DMK regime, has been suspended following raids by the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) on his premises, an official said on Tuesday.
Sait was suspended on Monday, he added.
The DVAC, the state`s anti-corruption wing, had on July 26 raided Sait`s residence on receipt of a written complaint by the Tamil Nadu Housing Board (TNHB).
The complaint alleged that Sait entered into a criminal conspiracy with others and got land allotted from TNHB suppressing certain details. The DVAC registered a case under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Sait entered into an agreement with a private construction company and further defrauded the TNHB, the complaint said.
Sait was shifted by the J Jayalalithaa led AIADMK government as Special Officer to Mandapam Refugee Camp near Rameswaram, around 600 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months