Top Tamil Nadu cop suspended after raids
Chennai: Tamil Nadu`s Additional Director General of Police MS Jaffer Sait, intelligence chief during the DMK regime, has been suspended following raids by the Directorate of Vigilance and Anti-Corruption (DVAC) on his premises, an official said on Tuesday.
Sait was suspended on Monday, he added.
The DVAC, the state`s anti-corruption wing, had on July 26 raided Sait`s residence on receipt of a written complaint by the Tamil Nadu Housing Board (TNHB).
The complaint alleged that Sait entered into a criminal conspiracy with others and got land allotted from TNHB suppressing certain details. The DVAC registered a case under Prevention of Corruption Act.
Sait entered into an agreement with a private construction company and further defrauded the TNHB, the complaint said.
Sait was shifted by the J Jayalalithaa led AIADMK government as Special Officer to Mandapam Refugee Camp near Rameswaram, around 600 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- Security alert! Islamic State militants release 'kill list', target 4000 people including 285 Indians
- Nephew Krushna Abhishek apologises to Govinda! – Know why
- 'Tulsidas ji pranam' — Read Bihar's topper Ruby Rai's 'shocking' essay on famous poet
- Why red snow of Arctic is a 'red alert' for the environment?
- Manohar Parrikar says Pampore attack an act of frustration; orders probe