Tourists banned from visiting Courtallam waterfall
Tirunelveli: Tourists have been banned from visiting the famous Courtallam waterfall in the district from today due to sudden discharge of large amount of water following heavy rains in surrounding areas, officials said.
They said heavy rains in Tenkasi and Sengottai areas has lead to a sudden discharge of water in the falls. The decision to ban tourists was taken as a precautionary measure to safeguard lives, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding