Tourists banned in two tiger reserves in TN
Coimbatore: Tourists have been banned in two major Tiger reserves in Coimbatore and Nilgiris districts, following the ban ordered by Supreme Court on tourism in core areas of tiger reserves across the country.
Tourists were thronging major spots like `Monkey Falls,` `Top Slip` and Valparai coming under Anamalai Tiger Reserve in the district, as also some places of Panchalingam river and Amaravathi Dam near Udumalpet in Tirupur district.
Considering the concern expressed by Supreme Court and subsequent ban, the officials have banned the entry of tourists in these areas, forest department sources said.
Similarly, tourists would not be allowed in areas under Mudumalai Tiger Reserve in nearby Nilgiris district, which is famous for its scenic beauty and bio-diversity, they said.
The apex court yesterday took strong note of some states failing to implement its directions to conserve the big cat and ordered that tourism be banned in core areas of tiger reserves in the country till further directions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan impressed with THIS young fan—See pic inside!
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province