TR Baalu`s son gets pre-arrest bail from HC
Chennai: Madras High Court Friday granted conditional anticipatory bail to former Union minister and senior DMK leader T R Baalu`s son T R B Raja, who apprehended arrest in a case related to a clash during the electioneering for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
Holding a special sitting at his residence in view of court holiday, Justice A Arumugaswamy directed Raja to furnish a personal bail bond for Rs 10,000 and two more sureties to the satisfaction of Judicial Magistrate in Mannargudi and appear before the Judicial Magistrate-I in Tiruchirappalli every day till April 23.
The anticipatory bail application was urgently taken up as per the direction of Acting Chief Justice Satish K Agnihotri.
According to prosecution, Raja has allegedly plucked out a flag post of AIADMK and replaced it with a DMK post, leading to a wordy duel with women cadre of AIADMK and a clash with them and his supporters.
Vadugur Police in Thanjavur District recently filed a case against Raja on a complaint by a woman worker of AIADMK under Women Harassment Act and IPC.
Baalu is seeking election to Lok Sabha from Thanjavur constituency in the April 24 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda