TR Baalu`s son gets pre-arrest bail from HC
Chennai: Madras High Court Friday granted conditional anticipatory bail to former Union minister and senior DMK leader T R Baalu`s son T R B Raja, who apprehended arrest in a case related to a clash during the electioneering for the April 24 Lok Sabha polls.
Holding a special sitting at his residence in view of court holiday, Justice A Arumugaswamy directed Raja to furnish a personal bail bond for Rs 10,000 and two more sureties to the satisfaction of Judicial Magistrate in Mannargudi and appear before the Judicial Magistrate-I in Tiruchirappalli every day till April 23.
The anticipatory bail application was urgently taken up as per the direction of Acting Chief Justice Satish K Agnihotri.
According to prosecution, Raja has allegedly plucked out a flag post of AIADMK and replaced it with a DMK post, leading to a wordy duel with women cadre of AIADMK and a clash with them and his supporters.
Vadugur Police in Thanjavur District recently filed a case against Raja on a complaint by a woman worker of AIADMK under Women Harassment Act and IPC.
Baalu is seeking election to Lok Sabha from Thanjavur constituency in the April 24 polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read