Train overshoots in Rameswaram, platform damaged
Rameswaram: A platform at the Rameswaram
railway station was damaged on Friday when the last coach of the
empty Oha-Rameswaram express train overshot and smashed
against it while being shunted from one rail track to another,
While no one was hurt, a part of the second platform was
damaged upon impact, officials said. A part of the rail track
also got mangled, they said.
The incident happened after passengers had alighted the
train the left the station, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi