Trainee sailor commits suicide in INS Agrani campus
Coimbatore: A trainee sailor in the INS Agrani on Thursday allegedly committed suicide by hanging in the campus here, police said.
The 24-year-old Gurvinder Singh, hailing from Patiala District in Punjab, was here 10 days ago, to undergo training for three weeks, police said.
A purported suicide note recovered from the spot stated that nobody was responsible for his death and he was taking the extreme step due to work pressure, police said.
He also requested that his eyes be donated, as his last wish, they said.
The body was found by other trainee sailors in a shed, police said.
The body was taken to the Government Hospital for autopsy and a case registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued