Trainee sailor commits suicide in INS Agrani campus
Coimbatore: A trainee sailor in the INS Agrani on Thursday allegedly committed suicide by hanging in the campus here, police said.
The 24-year-old Gurvinder Singh, hailing from Patiala District in Punjab, was here 10 days ago, to undergo training for three weeks, police said.
A purported suicide note recovered from the spot stated that nobody was responsible for his death and he was taking the extreme step due to work pressure, police said.
He also requested that his eyes be donated, as his last wish, they said.
The body was found by other trainee sailors in a shed, police said.
The body was taken to the Government Hospital for autopsy and a case registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM