Trainee sailor commits suicide in INS Agrani campus
Coimbatore: A trainee sailor in the INS Agrani on Thursday allegedly committed suicide by hanging in the campus here, police said.
The 24-year-old Gurvinder Singh, hailing from Patiala District in Punjab, was here 10 days ago, to undergo training for three weeks, police said.
A purported suicide note recovered from the spot stated that nobody was responsible for his death and he was taking the extreme step due to work pressure, police said.
He also requested that his eyes be donated, as his last wish, they said.
The body was found by other trainee sailors in a shed, police said.
The body was taken to the Government Hospital for autopsy and a case registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!