Trainee sailor commits suicide in INS Agrani campus
Coimbatore: A trainee sailor in the INS Agrani on Thursday allegedly committed suicide by hanging in the campus here, police said.
The 24-year-old Gurvinder Singh, hailing from Patiala District in Punjab, was here 10 days ago, to undergo training for three weeks, police said.
A purported suicide note recovered from the spot stated that nobody was responsible for his death and he was taking the extreme step due to work pressure, police said.
He also requested that his eyes be donated, as his last wish, they said.
The body was found by other trainee sailors in a shed, police said.
The body was taken to the Government Hospital for autopsy and a case registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof