`Truth behind ship detention, crew arrest after enquiry`
Kumbakonam: The truth behind the detention of the US firm owned ship and the arrest of its 35 crew members would come out after an enquiry into the matter, Shipping Minister GK Vasan said here on Sunday.
"All those arrested from the ship have been lodged at a prison in Palayamkottai. The truth will come out after a full enquiry. The law will take its own course," he told reporters here.
The ship flying the Sierra Leone flag was intercepted by Coast Guard in Indian waters 15 nautical miles off Tuticorin coast on October 12.
An FIR was registered against the 35 crew under the Arms Act for carrying arms without authorisation and Essential Commodities Act for buying 1,500 litres of diesel illegally with the help of a local shipping agent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra