TTD mulls displaying Lord Venkateswara`s ornaments
Tirupati: Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, which
administers the over 2000 year old famous hill shrine of Lord
Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala is studying the feasibility of
displaying some important precious ornaments of the Lord at
its museum on the hills for the benefit of the devotees.
Temple sources told PTI that TTD team would soon visit
the National Museum in Delhi and hold talks with its officials
as also those from Ministry of Culture and Archaeological
Survey of India on all aspects including security.
However, a final decision on the proposal would be taken
only after viewing all the pros and cons, they said.
The sources said Lord Venkateswara has dozens of highly
valuable and ancient ornaments (Divyabharanams) including gem
sets, huge crowns and ancient gem set garlands worth several
crores of Rupees.
The hill temple is the richest in the country with about
2.4 crore pilgrims visiting it annually and making offerings
running into crores of Rupees, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued