TTD mulls displaying Lord Venkateswara`s ornaments
Tirupati: Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams, which
administers the over 2000 year old famous hill shrine of Lord
Venkateswara at nearby Tirumala is studying the feasibility of
displaying some important precious ornaments of the Lord at
its museum on the hills for the benefit of the devotees.
Temple sources told PTI that TTD team would soon visit
the National Museum in Delhi and hold talks with its officials
as also those from Ministry of Culture and Archaeological
Survey of India on all aspects including security.
However, a final decision on the proposal would be taken
only after viewing all the pros and cons, they said.
The sources said Lord Venkateswara has dozens of highly
valuable and ancient ornaments (Divyabharanams) including gem
sets, huge crowns and ancient gem set garlands worth several
crores of Rupees.
The hill temple is the richest in the country with about
2.4 crore pilgrims visiting it annually and making offerings
running into crores of Rupees, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi