Tuticorin: 3 killed in blast in cracker factory
Tuticorin: Three persons were killed in a blast at a cracker factory at Kulaikanathapuram near Tiruchendur, police said.
The blast, which occurred yesterday, took place while the labourers were mixing chemicals at the factory, police said. Among the deceased, Maria Siluvai (30), died on the spot, while Chinnadurai (28) and Pauldurai (42) died at the hospital without responding to treatment Wednesday night, police said.
The condition of one other person, Jeyasingh (52), was serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players