Tuticorin-Colombo ferry service after TN elections: Vasan
Ramanathapuram: Congress leader and Union
Minister for Shipping G K Vasan on Wednesday assured that the
Tuticorin-Colombo Passenger Ferry Service would begin after
the April 13 Tamil Nadu Assembly elections.
Talking to reporters at Keelakarai near here, he said
the survey for resuming Rameswaram-Talaimannar passenger ferry
service had also been completed, and the service would
Later addressing election meetings in the district, Vasan
said if the governments at the Centre and State had cordial
relations, it would be easy to implement various schemes and
help in the economic development of the state.
Referring to the poll promises of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister
M Karunanidhi, Vasan said he had proved his credibility by
implementing all the electoral promises he had made in 2006,
such as the providing rice for one rupee.
Speaking on the measures taken by the UPA government for
the welfare of minorities, the Congress leader said it had
allocated Rs 2,850 crore for Minority welfare.
The educational assistance to the minority students had
benefitted 25 lakh students, Vasan claimed, adding the
government had allocated Rs 1,000 crore for the National
Minorities Development fund.
Ninety districts in the country had received a special fund
of Rs 2,343 crore for development, he said.
Vasan said if people were told about the schemes
implemented by the government, they would vote for the ruling
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Accused of 'intimidation', Delhi Deputy CM Sisodia to stage protest march to PM Modi's residence
- IIFA 2016: Priyanka Chopra wins 'Woman of the Year' award, expresses her joy on Twitter! - View pic
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi