Two accused in SI murder case shot dead
Madurai: Two of the main accused in the murder of a Sub-Inspector, who escaped from custody on
Friday, were shot dead when they tried to attack police personnel who were searching for them, police said.
A police team intercepted Prabhu and Bharathi at Kaalpirivu village near Manamadurai, 15-km from where they escaped earlier while being taken to a court in Sivaganga district from the Central prison here.
The duo attempted to attack the police personnel and police opened fire in self-defence, killing them on the spot, they said.
Prabhu and Bharathi had given police the slip when the police escort team stopped the vehicle in which they were being taken after they complained of chest pain. They attacked two policemen and fled.
The injured policemen were admitted to hospital.
Police registered a case and launched a hunt for them.
Twenty six-year old police sub-inspector Allwyn Sudan was stabbed to death in Sivaganga district by a group of youths on October 27 when he asked them to take an alternative route while they were on their way to attend the death anniversary of the Maruthupandiyar brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America