Two accused in SI murder case shot dead
Madurai: Two of the main accused in the murder of a Sub-Inspector, who escaped from custody on
Friday, were shot dead when they tried to attack police personnel who were searching for them, police said.
A police team intercepted Prabhu and Bharathi at Kaalpirivu village near Manamadurai, 15-km from where they escaped earlier while being taken to a court in Sivaganga district from the Central prison here.
The duo attempted to attack the police personnel and police opened fire in self-defence, killing them on the spot, they said.
Prabhu and Bharathi had given police the slip when the police escort team stopped the vehicle in which they were being taken after they complained of chest pain. They attacked two policemen and fled.
The injured policemen were admitted to hospital.
Police registered a case and launched a hunt for them.
Twenty six-year old police sub-inspector Allwyn Sudan was stabbed to death in Sivaganga district by a group of youths on October 27 when he asked them to take an alternative route while they were on their way to attend the death anniversary of the Maruthupandiyar brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price