Two accused in SI murder case shot dead
Madurai: Two of the main accused in the murder of a Sub-Inspector, who escaped from custody on
Friday, were shot dead when they tried to attack police personnel who were searching for them, police said.
A police team intercepted Prabhu and Bharathi at Kaalpirivu village near Manamadurai, 15-km from where they escaped earlier while being taken to a court in Sivaganga district from the Central prison here.
The duo attempted to attack the police personnel and police opened fire in self-defence, killing them on the spot, they said.
Prabhu and Bharathi had given police the slip when the police escort team stopped the vehicle in which they were being taken after they complained of chest pain. They attacked two policemen and fled.
The injured policemen were admitted to hospital.
Police registered a case and launched a hunt for them.
Twenty six-year old police sub-inspector Allwyn Sudan was stabbed to death in Sivaganga district by a group of youths on October 27 when he asked them to take an alternative route while they were on their way to attend the death anniversary of the Maruthupandiyar brothers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Soccer fans mock as England dumped out of Europe twice in a week
- Rajasthan shocker: When "mera baap chor hai" was tattooed on a woman's forehead for not bringing dowry
- Hey, Deepika Padukone is the new Serena but with a GUN! See pic inside
- Pampore attack: LeT's fidayeen preparing for fresh strike on military targets, warn intelligence agencies
- Salman Khan 'rape' remark: NCW to issue summons to actor