Two arrested for making hoax bomb threat calls
Madurai: Two persons were arrested today for making hoax bomb threat calls, warning of `explosions` at a local festival and at the Meenakshi temple in the city, police said.
In Madurai, one person called the police control room here from his cell phone, informing them that another person would plant the bomb during the festival.
Investigations revealed he had made the call to wreak vengeance on the man against whom he had a personal grudge, police said.
The owner of a mobile recharge shop at the armed police quarters at Sivaganga was nabbed after he rang up the control room at Chennai and warned that a bomb would explode at the Meenakshi temple in this city.
Police traced the number to a man at Tirunelveli and found he had given the phone with SIM card to the shop owner.
The man told police he had meant the call to be a prank and did not realise its impact.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi