Two arrested for making hoax bomb threat calls
Madurai: Two persons were arrested today for making hoax bomb threat calls, warning of `explosions` at a local festival and at the Meenakshi temple in the city, police said.
In Madurai, one person called the police control room here from his cell phone, informing them that another person would plant the bomb during the festival.
Investigations revealed he had made the call to wreak vengeance on the man against whom he had a personal grudge, police said.
The owner of a mobile recharge shop at the armed police quarters at Sivaganga was nabbed after he rang up the control room at Chennai and warned that a bomb would explode at the Meenakshi temple in this city.
Police traced the number to a man at Tirunelveli and found he had given the phone with SIM card to the shop owner.
The man told police he had meant the call to be a prank and did not realise its impact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic