Two arrested for making hoax bomb threat calls
Madurai: Two persons were arrested today for making hoax bomb threat calls, warning of `explosions` at a local festival and at the Meenakshi temple in the city, police said.
In Madurai, one person called the police control room here from his cell phone, informing them that another person would plant the bomb during the festival.
Investigations revealed he had made the call to wreak vengeance on the man against whom he had a personal grudge, police said.
The owner of a mobile recharge shop at the armed police quarters at Sivaganga was nabbed after he rang up the control room at Chennai and warned that a bomb would explode at the Meenakshi temple in this city.
Police traced the number to a man at Tirunelveli and found he had given the phone with SIM card to the shop owner.
The man told police he had meant the call to be a prank and did not realise its impact.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened