Two charred to death in fire in Namakkal

Two persons were charred to death today when a fire broke out at a tea shop inside the central bus stand premises here, police said.

Namakkal (TN): Two persons were charred to death today when a fire broke out at a tea shop inside the central bus stand premises here, police said.

The shop owner was fixing a new gas cylinder connection to the stove at 6.30 AM when gas leaked and a fire broke out and spread to another adjacent shop, police said.
The owners of both shops died in the fire.

Even as panic-stricken people ran to safety, fire force department personnel extinguished the blaze and recovered the bodies.

The shops were gutted.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close