Two college students commit suicide in TN
Tuticorin: Two college students, both relatives, committed suicide at a village near Ettayapuram in the district after their parents objected to their affair.
Police said the woman, a 20-year-old third year science student, consumed poison at her residence after her parents scolded her for talking for a long time on her cellphone with her college mate and relative, with whom she was in love.
She died at a private hospital without responding to treatment yesterday after which her relatives cremated her without informing police, they said.
Meanwhile the man, on coming to know of her death decided to end his life and drank liquor laced with poison, police said, adding he died today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?