Two college students commit suicide in TN
Tuticorin: Two college students, both relatives, committed suicide at a village near Ettayapuram in the district after their parents objected to their affair.
Police said the woman, a 20-year-old third year science student, consumed poison at her residence after her parents scolded her for talking for a long time on her cellphone with her college mate and relative, with whom she was in love.
She died at a private hospital without responding to treatment yesterday after which her relatives cremated her without informing police, they said.
Meanwhile the man, on coming to know of her death decided to end his life and drank liquor laced with poison, police said, adding he died today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people