Two college students commit suicide in TN
Tuticorin: Two college students, both relatives, committed suicide at a village near Ettayapuram in the district after their parents objected to their affair.
Police said the woman, a 20-year-old third year science student, consumed poison at her residence after her parents scolded her for talking for a long time on her cellphone with her college mate and relative, with whom she was in love.
She died at a private hospital without responding to treatment yesterday after which her relatives cremated her without informing police, they said.
Meanwhile the man, on coming to know of her death decided to end his life and drank liquor laced with poison, police said, adding he died today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi