Two detained under Goondas Act in TN
Chennai: I P Yesudoss and his associate, who allegedly cheated several crores of rupees by floating Aphro Trust were Wednesday detained under the "Goondas Act", police said.
"As they Yesudoss and Devi (his associate) indulged in cheating of innocent self-help groups for several crores throughout Tamil Nadu, the Commissioner of Police has ordered to detain them under Goondas Act", a police release said.
According to that, Yesudoss and Devi were detained under the Goondas Act today, it said.
Yesudoss the founder of the Aphro Trust and Devi, the Coordinator were arrested in October for running the firm without obtaining permission from the Reserve Bank of India.
A look out circular was issued against Yesudoss for violating the RBI guidelines and all airports alerts to prevent him from leaving the country.
Investigation revealed Yesudoss registered the Trust and extended loans at lower interest for business, loan on gold, gold scheme, educational loan and excursion loan, they said.
He had so far collected Rs 5,600 each from more than 4000 persons.
So far 360 members from 27 self help groups have filed complaints, after they were cheated to the tune of Rs 2.12 crore, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened