Two die in rain related incident in TN
Chennai: Two persons died in rain related incidents in Tamil Nadu Tuesday even as the Met office forecast a decrease in rainfall in the state and Puducherry with the depression in Bay of Bengal moving towards Arabian Sea.
"The depression has moved towards Arabian Sea. Rainfall is likely to decrease in the coming days," a Meteorological department official said.
The official said rain or thundershowers may occur during the next 24 hours in interior Tamil Nadu while coastal areas of the state may experience isolated rainfall.
For Chennai, the sky would be generally cloudy with one or two spells of rain or thundershowers in some areas in the next 24 hours, he said.
Ramanathapuram district received heavy rainfall of 13 cm in the last 24 hours ending 0830 hrs today, followed by Tindivanam with eight, Pamban and Bhavanisagar with five cm each.
The two deaths were of a man and his son, who were electrocuted when they stepped on a live wire in front of their house at Singikulam near Tirunelveli.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said last week that 20 persons had been killed in rain related incidents since the onset of North East monsoon on October 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- 'Mann Ki Baat': PM Narendra Modi to address nation today, may talk to Army jawans
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015