Two die in rain related incident in TN
Chennai: Two persons died in rain related incidents in Tamil Nadu Tuesday even as the Met office forecast a decrease in rainfall in the state and Puducherry with the depression in Bay of Bengal moving towards Arabian Sea.
"The depression has moved towards Arabian Sea. Rainfall is likely to decrease in the coming days," a Meteorological department official said.
The official said rain or thundershowers may occur during the next 24 hours in interior Tamil Nadu while coastal areas of the state may experience isolated rainfall.
For Chennai, the sky would be generally cloudy with one or two spells of rain or thundershowers in some areas in the next 24 hours, he said.
Ramanathapuram district received heavy rainfall of 13 cm in the last 24 hours ending 0830 hrs today, followed by Tindivanam with eight, Pamban and Bhavanisagar with five cm each.
The two deaths were of a man and his son, who were electrocuted when they stepped on a live wire in front of their house at Singikulam near Tirunelveli.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said last week that 20 persons had been killed in rain related incidents since the onset of North East monsoon on October 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Uttarakhand political crisis: BJP offered Rs 50 crore, party tickets and RS seats to Congress MLAs?
- Supreme Court reserves order on conduct of NEET or AIPMT for medical colleges' admission
- IRNSS-1G launch: PM Modi lauds ISRO, says it's a great gift to people of India from scientists
- SHOCKING VIDEO: OMG! This bowler was almost killed after being hit on face by ball...
- Sniffing rosemary helps improve brain power of old people