Two die in rain related incident in TN
Chennai: Two persons died in rain related incidents in Tamil Nadu Tuesday even as the Met office forecast a decrease in rainfall in the state and Puducherry with the depression in Bay of Bengal moving towards Arabian Sea.
"The depression has moved towards Arabian Sea. Rainfall is likely to decrease in the coming days," a Meteorological department official said.
The official said rain or thundershowers may occur during the next 24 hours in interior Tamil Nadu while coastal areas of the state may experience isolated rainfall.
For Chennai, the sky would be generally cloudy with one or two spells of rain or thundershowers in some areas in the next 24 hours, he said.
Ramanathapuram district received heavy rainfall of 13 cm in the last 24 hours ending 0830 hrs today, followed by Tindivanam with eight, Pamban and Bhavanisagar with five cm each.
The two deaths were of a man and his son, who were electrocuted when they stepped on a live wire in front of their house at Singikulam near Tirunelveli.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa said last week that 20 persons had been killed in rain related incidents since the onset of North East monsoon on October 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter