Two DMDK MLAs meet Jayalalithaa
Chennai: In a surprise development, two MLAs of actor-politician Vijaykant-led DMDK, which has parted ways with its electoral ally ruling AIADMK on Friday called on Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
R Sundararajan (representing Madurai Central) and K Tamil Azhagan (Thittakudi) met Jayalalithaa at the Secretariat here in connection with issues concerning their constituency, the government said.
After sweeping the April 2011 elections as allies, AIADMK and DMDK, which has 29 members in the assembly, parted ways later.
Vijaykant, the Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly, has turned highly critical of the AIADMK Government after Jayalalithaa a few months ago regretted having forged an alliance with his party for the last year assembly polls.
Sunderrajan told PTI that they met Jayalalithaa to submit petitions regarding welfare measures in their respective constituencies.
He evaded reply when asked if Vijayakant was aware of today`s meeting.
He said he cannot reply to "speculation" that the meeting was a precursor to them quitting DMDK and joining the AIADMK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report