Two DMDK MLAs meet Jayalalithaa
Chennai: In a surprise development, two MLAs of actor-politician Vijaykant-led DMDK, which has parted ways with its electoral ally ruling AIADMK on Friday called on Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.
R Sundararajan (representing Madurai Central) and K Tamil Azhagan (Thittakudi) met Jayalalithaa at the Secretariat here in connection with issues concerning their constituency, the government said.
After sweeping the April 2011 elections as allies, AIADMK and DMDK, which has 29 members in the assembly, parted ways later.
Vijaykant, the Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly, has turned highly critical of the AIADMK Government after Jayalalithaa a few months ago regretted having forged an alliance with his party for the last year assembly polls.
Sunderrajan told PTI that they met Jayalalithaa to submit petitions regarding welfare measures in their respective constituencies.
He evaded reply when asked if Vijayakant was aware of today`s meeting.
He said he cannot reply to "speculation" that the meeting was a precursor to them quitting DMDK and joining the AIADMK.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price