Two DMK MLAs evicted from TN Assembly
Chennai: Two Opposition DMK MLAs were evicted
from Tamil Nadu Assembly on Tuesday following a heated exchange of
words with rival AIADMK legislators.
Noisy scenes were witnessed when Commercial Taxes Minister
RPT Commercial Taxes Minister C Ve Shanmugam made some remarks
on an alleged scam during the previous DMK regime which did
not go down well with the Opposition members.
Despite Speaker D Jayakumar`s repeated pleas, DMK member J
Anbazhagan remained standing and was seen shouting at the
former, following which he directed the Marshals to evict him.
Later, Finance Minister and Leader of the House O
Panneerselvam alleged that another DMK member S S Sivasankar
made some gestures at the Chair and demanded that he be
evicted. The Speaker ruled in favour of Panneerselvam and
ordered the eviction of Sivasankar.
Other DMK members staged a walkout protesting the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- 'NSG applications of Pakistan, India should be considered together'
- Jung, Meena will be summoned over Sheila govt 'scams': Dy Speaker
- CBI files fresh chargesheet against two in Vyapam cases
- ED officer loses annual increments for harassing woman
- Finally! Ringing Bells ready with two lakh Freedom 251 phones: Mohit Goel