Two DMK MLAs evicted from TN Assembly
Chennai: Two Opposition DMK MLAs were evicted
from Tamil Nadu Assembly on Tuesday following a heated exchange of
words with rival AIADMK legislators.
Noisy scenes were witnessed when Commercial Taxes Minister
RPT Commercial Taxes Minister C Ve Shanmugam made some remarks
on an alleged scam during the previous DMK regime which did
not go down well with the Opposition members.
Despite Speaker D Jayakumar`s repeated pleas, DMK member J
Anbazhagan remained standing and was seen shouting at the
former, following which he directed the Marshals to evict him.
Later, Finance Minister and Leader of the House O
Panneerselvam alleged that another DMK member S S Sivasankar
made some gestures at the Chair and demanded that he be
evicted. The Speaker ruled in favour of Panneerselvam and
ordered the eviction of Sivasankar.
Other DMK members staged a walkout protesting the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'