Two drown in sea in Rameswaram
Rameswaram: Two persons drowned in rough seas off Othapatti in the district on Friday when they waded in to take a bath ignoring the warnings of their friends, police said.
Police said the duo had gone to the spot with three friends and reportedly consumed liquor. Later, they jumped into the sea to take a a bath, not heeding the pleas of their friends and were drowned when a giant wave immersed them.
The bodies have been recovered and sent for post-mortem, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends