Two Engineering students crushed to death
Salem (TN): Two Engineering college students travelling on the footboard of a bus were crushed to death while another was injured today when a sand-laden lorry hit their bus near here, police said.
Salem Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis said the deceased were two 19-year-old second year BE students while the injured was a 20-year-old final year student.
The private bus was proceeding from Attur to Salem.
In December last, in a similar accident four students were crushed to death in Chennai prompting the Madras High Court to take a suo motu cognizance of the accident.
The court has proposed that if any student is found travelling on the footboard, the matter may be reported not only to the parent of the concerned student, but also to the Principal of the educational institution concerned.
"..And if he repeats the same thing for the second or third time, the school may take action for removal of such students, after notice to the parent," a Division Bench had said.
Hearing on the proceedings are continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!