Two Engineering students crushed to death
Salem (TN): Two Engineering college students travelling on the footboard of a bus were crushed to death while another was injured today when a sand-laden lorry hit their bus near here, police said.
Salem Superintendent of Police Aswin Kotnis said the deceased were two 19-year-old second year BE students while the injured was a 20-year-old final year student.
The private bus was proceeding from Attur to Salem.
In December last, in a similar accident four students were crushed to death in Chennai prompting the Madras High Court to take a suo motu cognizance of the accident.
The court has proposed that if any student is found travelling on the footboard, the matter may be reported not only to the parent of the concerned student, but also to the Principal of the educational institution concerned.
"..And if he repeats the same thing for the second or third time, the school may take action for removal of such students, after notice to the parent," a Division Bench had said.
Hearing on the proceedings are continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate