Two female tusks seized; four smugglers held
Erode: Two female elephant tusks have been seized from four poachers in Kadambur forest area, department officials said.
They claimed this was the first time female tusks have been seized from Satyamangalam forest division.
Police said forest officials, acting on a tip off, went to the spot and found the four moving about in a suspicious manner. A search revealed the tusks kept in a bag and it was seized, they said.
The four reportedly told officials during questioning that they had collected the tusks from Kadambur forest area.
The four were produced before a magistrate last night and remanded to judicial custody, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon