Two female tusks seized; four smugglers held
Erode: Two female elephant tusks have been seized from four poachers in Kadambur forest area, department officials said.
They claimed this was the first time female tusks have been seized from Satyamangalam forest division.
Police said forest officials, acting on a tip off, went to the spot and found the four moving about in a suspicious manner. A search revealed the tusks kept in a bag and it was seized, they said.
The four reportedly told officials during questioning that they had collected the tusks from Kadambur forest area.
The four were produced before a magistrate last night and remanded to judicial custody, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy