Two held for attempting to outrage woman constable
Coimbatore: Two persons have been arrested on charges of attempting to outrage the modesty of a woman constable at the Elephant camp in Thekkampatti near Mettupalayam in the district, police said Wednesday.
Since it was a Christmas Holiday yesterday, there were large number of visitors to the camp and the constable was regulating the crowd, police said.
Irked by the constable asking them to move out, two persons, Andrews and David Vincent, reportedly in an inebriated condition, pulled her down and tried to outrage her modesty, police said.
However, she shouted for help and managed to remove them from the spot, they said.
The two were arrested this morning, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria