Two held for planting bomb on Advani yatra route
Madurai: Two persons have been arrested in
connection with the planting of a powerful pipe bomb on the
yatra route of BJP leader LK Advani, police said on Tuesday.
The Special Investigation Team of the CB-CID identified
the duo as Abdullah Rahman (26) and K Ismath, both hailing
from the city, a police release said.
They were arrested by the SIT, led by Additional DGP R
Sekar, for their involvement in perpetration of the crime, the
Police seized an auto rickshaw and a motorcycle used for
executing the crime.
The pipe bomb was unearthed from under a bridge and
defused on October 27 at Alampatti village, about 30 km from
here, on the route of Advani`s yatra. Subsequently, the BJP
leader route was diverted.
Special teams were sent to Nagercoil in Kanyakumari
district and Kerala in connection with the case.
Chief Minister Jayalalithaa had directed police to speed
up investigations into the bomb incident and bring to book the
The bomb was unearthed after a resident of the village
alerted local AIADMK councillor who in turn informed police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest