Two Indian Coast Guard sailors missing
Chennai: Two Indian Coast Guard sailors
on board a Sri Lankan fishing boat being towed to Chennai are
missing from the last two days, officials said on Friday.
Officials said the boat might have strayed into Sri
Lankan waters and there was delay in rescuing the sailors as
contact could not be established with fishermen on board.
The Coast Guard is also in touch with Sri Lankan
authorities to get the sailors released.
On Wednesday night, a Coast Guard patrol ship spotted
Sri Lankan fishermen on seven boats fishing in Indian waters,
intercepted them and deployed two sailors on each of the
vessels before towing them towards Chennai.
After some time, the seventh boat with five fishermen
and two sailors was found missing, amid suspicision that they
might have been overpowered by the former.
Sri Lankan fishermen often stray into Indian waters to
net prize catch like tuna and end up in Coast Guard and police
Coast Guard officials said the other six boats are in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’