Two injured in clash in Tamil Nadu
Ramanathapuram: Two persons were injured
when two groups clashed Thursday over a dispute during the recent cooperative society election at M Pudhukulam near Kamuthi.
Police arrested five persons in connection with the clash in which the rival groups attacked each other with clubs, sickle among others.
The groups led by one Murugesan, who won in the polls to Agricultural Cooperative Credit Society President post, and Muthu Irulandi, the loser, had been clashing frequently after the elections.
In the clash today, two persons, including Irulandi, were injured and had been hospitalised.
Police said they arrested five persons belonging to both the groups and registered cases for allegedly threatening to murder and other offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray