Two kg of gold seized from 3 passengers
Tiruchirappalli: Two kg of gold, worth Rs 60 lakh, was seized from three passengers at the airport here, officials said on Friday.
The three passengers had arrived by an Air Asia flight from Kuala Lumpur late last night and their suspicious movements drew the attention of customs officials.
The officials found that one person had stuffed one kg of gold in his rectum while the other two had stuffed half kg each.
They were remanded to custody today, officials said.
The passengers hail from Gopalapuram in Pudukottai district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Women subjected to torture by Mexican police, armed forces: Report
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout