Two kg of gold seized from 3 passengers
Tiruchirappalli: Two kg of gold, worth Rs 60 lakh, was seized from three passengers at the airport here, officials said on Friday.
The three passengers had arrived by an Air Asia flight from Kuala Lumpur late last night and their suspicious movements drew the attention of customs officials.
The officials found that one person had stuffed one kg of gold in his rectum while the other two had stuffed half kg each.
They were remanded to custody today, officials said.
The passengers hail from Gopalapuram in Pudukottai district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port