Two more DMDK MLAs meet Jayalalithaa
Chennai: A day after two DMDK MLAs met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, two more party legislators on Saturday called on the AIADMK supremo, triggering off wild speculations of a possible rift in the main opposition party.
However, DMDK MLAs S Michael Rayappan and C Arun Pandian said they had called on the Chief Minister at her Poes Garden residence to discuss about welfare activities in their respective constituencies, Radhapuram (Tirunelveli) and Peravurani (Tanjavur).
Their party colleagues S Sunderarajan and K Tamil Azhagan had met Jayalalithaa yesterday under a similar pretext.
Meanwhile, DMDK founder and Opposition Leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, refused to respond to these developments and said there were more important issues dominating the state.
He and some of his party supporters were also allegedly involved in an altercation with journalists at the airport here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory