Two more DMDK MLAs meet Jayalalithaa
Chennai: A day after two DMDK MLAs met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, two more party legislators on Saturday called on the AIADMK supremo, triggering off wild speculations of a possible rift in the main opposition party.
However, DMDK MLAs S Michael Rayappan and C Arun Pandian said they had called on the Chief Minister at her Poes Garden residence to discuss about welfare activities in their respective constituencies, Radhapuram (Tirunelveli) and Peravurani (Tanjavur).
Their party colleagues S Sunderarajan and K Tamil Azhagan had met Jayalalithaa yesterday under a similar pretext.
Meanwhile, DMDK founder and Opposition Leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant, refused to respond to these developments and said there were more important issues dominating the state.
He and some of his party supporters were also allegedly involved in an altercation with journalists at the airport here.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed