Two more DMDK MLAs meet Jayalalithaa
Chennai: A day after two DMDK MLAs met Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, two more party legislators on Saturday called on the AIADMK supremo, triggering off speculation of a possible rift in the main opposition party.
DMDK MLAs S Michael Rayappan and C Arun Pandian, however, said they had called on the chief minister at her Poes Garden residence to discuss about welfare activities in their constituencies Radhapuram (Tirunelveli) and Peravurani (Tanjavur).
Their party colleagues S Sunderarajan and K Tamil Azhagan had met Jayalalithaa yesterday under a similar pretext.
Meanwhile, DMDK founder and Opposition Leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly, Vijayakant refused to respond to these developments saying there were more important issues facing the state.
The DMDK chief and some of his party supporters were also allegedly involved in an altercation with journalists at the airport here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city