Two Nigerians held for siphoning money from man`s account
Coimbatore: Two Nigerians, wanted on charges of allegedly siphoning off Rs 70 lakh from the account of a man working in Japan, were arrested in Delhi and brought here on Thursday, police said.
Three laptops, one with more than five lakh addresses, some SIM cards and 30 million US Dollars were seized from their room in a Delhi lodge, they said.
Police said the cyber cell took up investigation on a complaint from the man that the amount had been illegally siphoned off from his State Bank of India account.
Investigations revealed that Liransome and Ronaldo Chakkudi had withdrawn the money and transferred it to their account in Delhi, following which a special police team left for the national capital, they said.
Enlisting the help of their Delhi counterparts, the team nabbed the two from a lodge and brought them here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir