Two persons taken into custody for sending `threatening` SMSs
Salem: Two persons were on Sunday taken into custody for questioning for allegedly sending SMSs to some officials threatening to kill Tamil Nadu Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy, two collectors and a former district judge, police said.
The SMSes were received by Salem Revenue Divisional Officer Lalithavathi and Tahsildhar Kannan, police said.
The SMS threatened that state Minister Palanisamy, Salem Collector K Magarabhusanam and Dharmapuri Collector Vivekanadan and former district judge Baskaran would be murdered, they said.
Special police teams were formed and two persons were secured---one from Dharmapuri Engineering College and another from Salem Steel Plant, police said.
Police are maintaining tight vigil following receipt of the SMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert