Two persons taken into custody for sending `threatening` SMSs
Salem: Two persons were on Sunday taken into custody for questioning for allegedly sending SMSs to some officials threatening to kill Tamil Nadu Minister Edappadi K Palanisamy, two collectors and a former district judge, police said.
The SMSes were received by Salem Revenue Divisional Officer Lalithavathi and Tahsildhar Kannan, police said.
The SMS threatened that state Minister Palanisamy, Salem Collector K Magarabhusanam and Dharmapuri Collector Vivekanadan and former district judge Baskaran would be murdered, they said.
Special police teams were formed and two persons were secured---one from Dharmapuri Engineering College and another from Salem Steel Plant, police said.
Police are maintaining tight vigil following receipt of the SMS.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH