Two picked up for terror links brought to Delhi
Chennai: Two of the seven persons, who were
picked up here on Saturday for alleged links with a terror
outfit, were on Monday taken to Delhi for further investigation,
Irshad (50) and Abdul Rahman (19) - an engineering college
student and native of Bihar, were picked up by a joint team
comprising Delhi Police and their Chennai counterparts, an
official release said.
They were picked up in connection with a case involving
counterfeit currency, forged passports and seizure of
weapons, it said.
Irshad, a resident of Delhi, had arrived here few days ago
and was staying with Rahman. However, no weapons or explosives
were found in the possession of the two or in their place of
stay, the release said, adding preliminary investigation did
not reveal any terror designs on Tamil Nadu.
Seven persons, most of them youths from Bihar, were picked
up near Selaiyur here on Saturday evening for alleged links
with a terror outfit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Six dead, 17 wounded as suicide bombers strike Lebanese village
- WATCH: Lionel Messi crying after Argentina's 2-4 loss against Chile in Copa America final
- Hillary Clinton takes a dig at Donald Trump over Brexit
- India's relaxation of foreign investment rules credit positive: Moody's
- Orphaned Goodfellow's tree kangaroo raised through cross-fostering all set to be sent to Singapore!