Two primary school children drown in Cauvery river
Salem: Two primary school children drowned while playing in the Cauvery river on their way to school at Navalpet village in the district while on their way to school, police said.
They said the parents launched a search with relatives after the boys, aged nine and eight, did not return home from school in the evening. Their bags were found along the river following which fire services personnel and local fishermen searched the river.
The bodies were fished out on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back