Two primary school children drown in Cauvery river
Salem: Two primary school children drowned while playing in the Cauvery river on their way to school at Navalpet village in the district while on their way to school, police said.
They said the parents launched a search with relatives after the boys, aged nine and eight, did not return home from school in the evening. Their bags were found along the river following which fire services personnel and local fishermen searched the river.
The bodies were fished out on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi