Two sentenced to 1 year imprisonment for sexually abusing girl
Madurai: A court here has sentenced two persons to one year imprisonment for sexually abusing a 17-year-old girl in 2009 at Puliankulam in this district.
Judge C Kumarappan also directed the accused Sakthivel (27) and Ganesan (24) to pay Rs 20,000 as compensation to the girl.
The girl, daughter of a kiln worker, was waylaid by the duo on October 17, 2009 and sexually abused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Lucky escape for Goa mayor, six others as boat capsizes
- Land grab accused Asha Kumari appointed AICC in-charge of Punjab, triggers row
- 'Bank mergers likely to happen after SBI consolidation'
- After Dutee Chand, sprinter Srabani Nanda qualifies for Rio Olympics
- FSSAI frames safety standards for alcoholic drinks