Two SL boats apprehended in Chennai
Chennai: Two Sri Lankan boats with 10 fishermen
were apprehended for allegedly fishing in the Indian waters by the Coast Guard.
ICGS Avvaiyyar apprehended Lankan boats `Jaya Isuru` and
`Yug Gaya` about 109 nautical miles off the Chennai coast on
Tuesday, a Coast Guard release said.
Their catch weighing around 2,000 kg was also confiscated.
The boats were apprehended for violating MZI Act of 1981
and illegally fishing in the Indian Exclusive Zone, it said.
Earlier this week, the Coast Guard had seized two Lankan
boats on May 29 and three more boats on May 31 for allegedly
fishing in the Indian waters.
Since January, Coast Guard has apprehended 22 Sri Lankan
boats with over a hundred crew and total catch of 22,400 kg,
according to the release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling