Two suffocate to death due to overheat in TN

Two watchmen of an estate guest house today suffocated to death due to lack of oxygen following heat generated by an electric heater in their room at Vandicholai near Coonoor, about 18 km from here, police said.

PTI| Last Updated: Mar 11, 2015, 15:11 PM IST

   Udhagamandalam: Two watchmen of an estate guest house today suffocated to death due to lack of oxygen following heat generated by an electric heater in their room at Vandicholai near Coonoor, about 18 km from here, police said.

    The estate workers noticed the absence of the watchmen, when they came for work around 8 AM and peeped through the window of the asbestos-roofed room, only to find both lying unconcious inside, police said.

    Some of the workers, who entered the room found both lying dead, with the room temperature hotting up, they said.

    The bodies have been sent for post-mortem to the Government Hospital,police said.

     Initial reports suggest that the duo died due to lack of oxygen in the closed room, following heat generated by the heater, they said.